Dr. Hemant J Patel
AUDIOLOGIST & SPEECH –LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
CLINICAL COCHLEAR IMPLANT SPECIALIST | VESTIBULAR ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST
For over more then 22 years, Dr. Hemant Patel and his team has served people through out Gujarat and surrounding states and many countries.
Dr. Hemant Patel has completed his B.A.S.L.P.(Bachelor in audiology and speech language pathology) from Smt. S.C.L.G.Hospital , Ahmedabad in 1999. He has completed his cochlear implant training at Bionic ear institute and Royal Australian College of surgeon, Melbourne, Australia in 2006. After that he has completed his advanced cochlear implant training in 2019 at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
Recently Dr. Hemant Patel has completed International Vestibular Diploma in 2021 from AVISA University.
We provide a wide range of audiologicalevaluation and treatment services including:
- Hearing Evaluations
- Hearing Aid: Evaluation, Selection, and Service
- Hearing aid optimization through objective measurements
- Cortical auditory evoked potentials for assessing at the auditory cortex level (at brain level)
- Auditory Processing Disorder Evaluations
- Pre-Cochlear Implant assessment, intraoperative measurement, Switch on, Mapping and aural verbal rehabilitation (AVT).
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Tinnitus Consultations and Treatment
- Custom Hearing Protection and Swim Molds
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Vestibular and Balance Evaluations
- Virtual Care Appointments
- Voice disorders assessment and treatment
- Speech disorders assessment and treatment
Assessment of hearing sensitivity can take place at any age; it requires Special testing techniques&tests which are used to assess the hearing ability in a very young child (New born) and for adult person with hearing problems. There are several special tests available for assessing hearing pathway till the level of auditory cortex (at brain level) before hearing aid/cochlear implant and after hearing aid fitting/cochlear implant. Following your testing, audiologist will present the results and will answer any questions you may have regarding the diagnosis and optimal treatment for the same by recommending you for further available treatments. The audiologist will also give you recommendations based on the evaluation. Successfully treated more than 1500 cochlear implanted patients including infants, children and post lingual adults…
- Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA)
- Speech Audiometry
- Behavioral Observation Audiometry (CPA) / Conditioned Play Audiometry (CPA)/ Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA)
- Free Field Audiometry (FFA)
- Immittance Audiometry
- Oto Acoustic Emissions (OAEs)- Screening/ Diagnostics
- Auditory Brainstem Responses (BERA)
- Auditory Steady State Responses (ASSR)
- Evoked potentials including MLR, LLR, p300 (CAEP)
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (C-Vemp& O-Vemp)
- vHIT, VNG
- Special tests for differential diagnosis.